Gawler Ranges Wilderness Safari
Experience the outback colours and wildlife from Kangaluna camp. See spectacular Lake Gairdner with its glistening white salt pan set in the stark landscape of the Australian outback. Travel to Baird Bay for an unforgettable wildlife experience. Watch Bottlenose Dolphins ride the bow wave of the boat, and join these magnificent mammals in shallow water. Across the Bay, to visit a resident colony of rare Australian Sea Lions and experience playing face to face with these agile and friendly mammals in protected shallow lagoons.
Kangaluna Camp has a central dining room which is mostly open sided but closed when the weather is not so perfect. The camp is a wonderful place to relax, walk and observe the nature which lives in harmony with our presence. The open Mallee Woodland environment is home to many animals that still use their original tracks through the camp, and over a hundred species of birds frequent the area. Recycled materials were used in the construction and furnishing of the campsite, giving it a tastefully rustic look. Kangaluna Camp has been developed by its owners from a life time of experience on how to best live in this environment and dry climate. Rain water is collected from the roofs and is the only water source. Techniques are used for its preservation but you still have private showers and flushing toilets.
The Camp offers luxury safari tents set in the stunning Mallee wilderness region of the Gawler Ranges in South Australia. This is perfect for the nature lover who really wants to avoid from tourist areas and experience some of South Australia’s finest scenery and wildlife. The curved roofs are designed to cool the tents as they always keep the air flowing. No vegetation has been removed from the site but the camp was designed and built using the natural fire breaks that the trees in this place create for their own protection.
T (02) 9983 1699
or Chat with us here!
Note - Not all offers have a brochure
- 2 nights at Kangaluna Camp in a Luxury Safari Tent with ensuite
- Breakfast, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Selected alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Visit Mikkira Station to see wild koala colony
- Half day guided afternoon Wildlife Experience
- Full day guided Lake Gairdner tour
- Half day Sea Lion Experience at Baird Bay including dolphin and sea lions swim.
- Small group touring with maximum 10 people
- Pick up and drop off at Port Lincoln Airport or Port Lincoln hotels
- National Pass entrance fees
*Conditions apply. Subject to availability.
Port Lincoln SA 5606, Australia